Delaware Valley Corporation is a manufacturer of non-woven textiles that has the firm understanding that every yard of product we produce reduces the finite supply of Earth based petroleum, and thus we contribute to the depletion of a non-renewable resource that is the major underpinning of 21st century civilization.
Delaware Valley Corporation also realizes that every yard of fabric we produce has the potential to generate airborne and solid waste as well as consumes energy that is predominantly produced from non-renewable resources.
The following policy addresses these issues using the state-of-the-art technologies that are available today as well as common sense, with the goal that Delaware Valley Corporation be a steward of our Planet’s fragile ecosystem
To minimize our impact on the Planets ecosystem and abide with all legal environmental laws and regulations.
- Minimize usage of raw materials through efficient production of fabrics
- Minimize waste of petrochemical fibers through efficient production techniques and reclamation of 100% of fabric waste stream.
- Purchase as much raw material that has been produced from regenerated waste streams as possible without degradation of fabric quality.
- Minimizes usage of electricity and natural gas through efficient manufacturing techniques.
- Replace our consumption of electricity through self-generation of 100% of our electrical needs through installation of solar, wind, and geothermal power over the next 10 years.
- Reclaim 100% of the Natural Gas we use in our production processes through heat-exchange, air-to-air transfer of all oven exhausts to fresh factory heated air, with the ultimate goal of reducing our Natural Gas consumption by 85% of our overall need.
- Reduce airborne emissions to as close to zero as modern technology allows, including cooling of waste air streams to precipitate out any gaseous-liquid and gaseous-solid phase change pollutants, as well as mechanically filter out all solid particulate
- Reduce solid waste streams to zero through conservation and recycling all raw materials, packaging, machine parts, and office supplies. For every item that comes in our door that is not used directly in the product we ship out for sale, we will attempt to re-use it after its initial use as many times as is possible, and finally dispose of it through recyclers.
- As technology improves, we will embrace new methods of conserving and / or recycling all non-renewable as well as renewable resources
Shutting down our Liquid Latex Coating operation and converting to Themal Bonding of our Base Fibers has eliminated all non-recyclable production waste. We have learned that there is nothing Latex can do that Thermal Bonding cannot. By “reclaiming” the heat losses of our oven stacks, we are reducing the exhaust temperature and condensing the exhaust thus collecting and eliminating efluents from escaping our bonding process.